Tips list designed to help you take care of your eyelash extensions. Taking care of them will allow you to considerably increase the lifespan of your eyelash extensions. If you would like to know more, please contact me.
Taking care of my eyelash extensions
- After you shower don’t wet your eyelashes for 24 hours after your procedure. This will give the glue an appropriate amount of time to cure. This means you should also avoid steam rooms / saunas and swimming during that period ( avoid totally If possible whilst wearing extensions)
- Do not use waterproof mascara on your eyelashes. A water soluble mascara or one designed specifically for eyelash extensions is fine to use, although you will probably find that you no longer require mascara.
- Use cotton swabs to remove makeup by working gently around the eyelashes.
- Do not use cleansers, makeup removers or moisturisers that contain oil or solvents on your eyes, as these will compromise the bonding agent used to adhere your eyelashes.
- Do not rub your eyes, instead you should get used to patting your eyes gently which is in fact much better for the eyelashes and the sensitive skin around the eyes.
- Be careful, when you get dressed your eyelashes should not get caught in your clothes. Similarly, when you undress or in your towels when you shower.
- Never pull your eyelash extension off as it will pull out your natural eyelash. If you want them removed contact “Lash by Jayne” for our professional eyelash removal service.
- Do not perm or tint your eyelash extensions.
- Do not use eyelash curlers on your eyelashes.
- Book your next eyelash refill at ideally 3 weeks- a maximum of 4 week intervals in order to maintain your optimum eyelash effect.